Lindon Farms 90 Servings Emergency Food Storage Kit
Lindon Farms™ is the new way to do food storage. With the finest quality ingredients blended in the most delicious recipes on the market, we've done all the work for you – you just add water and serve! This 90 serving emergency food storage container has 9 different just-add-water gourmet meals that are perfect for long term storage, regular meals or to throw in your backpack. And with a full 2000 calories/day for 7 days, this can be your stand alone food storage solution. Our goal is to make food storage easy, so every home can be prepared for a disaster, economic difficulty or even a spontaneous weekend camping trip! With Lindon Farms, you're just one step away from checking emergency food storage off your list.
Each meal is conveniently packaged in a 5-10 serving, zipseal, metalized pouch with an oxygen absorber to ensure an oxygen free environment. This allows you to enjoy a SHELF-LIFE of up to 20 years when stored properly in a cool, dry place. These buckets are designed to provide 2,000 calories a day when you select 6 or more servings of your favorite meals each day. Lindon Farms™ recipes have been award-winning family favorites in the retail market for over 20 years. From delicious, creamy soups like Hearty Potato and Cheddar Broccoli to organic freeze-dried fruit, everyone can find a favorite meal.
Lindon Farms™ uses a combination of freeze-dried and dehydrated ingredients. In some cases freeze-dried is ideal, and for other items dehydration is most appropriate. For example, a freeze-dried strawberry is convenient since rehydration is unnecessary and it can be consumed easily in cereal or as a snack. Another example would be freeze-dried lasagna with meat where it is frozen, dried and packaged for easy rehydration. In soups and other mixes where the ingredients will be reydrated in warm or boiling water, dehydrated ingredients are best. When space is a concern dehydrated ingredients can take up less than a 1/3 of the space that freeze-dried ingredients do.
The most important factors in long-term shelf life foods are:
1. Ingredients: Are the ingredients suitable for long-term shelf life? a. For example: even in ideal storage conditions studies show almonds may only keep for 12-24 months before they turn rancid.
2. Moisture Free: Is the product moisture free when packaged?
3. Packaging: Packaging plays a crucial role in prolonging shelf life. Ideally packaging should provide an effective barrier against oxygen, moisture, light and insects.
4. Oxygen Free: Is the product packaged with an appropriately sized oxygen absorber? While appropriate for oxygen displacement in most packaged foods you would find at the grocery store, a nitrogen flush is not sufficient for long-term shelf life. An appropriately sized oxygen absorber will continue to remove oxygen for years if used properly. Be wary of companies with extensive shelf-life claims where oxygen absorbers are not used.
5. Storage conditions: a cool, dry location is ideal. Do your best to store your food storage items at or below room temperature.
• 4 Gallon Reusable, Rugged & Stackable, ez store™ container
• 2,000 calories a day for 1 week for 1 person
• Up to 25 year shelf life if stored in a dry, cool environment
Lindon Farms 90 Serving Kit Includes:
• Polenta (corn grits)
• Chicken flavored vegetable stew
• Beef flavored vegetable stew
• Hearty Potato Soup
• Western chili
• Cheddar broccoli Soup
• Red beans and rice
Lindon Farms -...
Customers also viewed